As part of my talk I suggested a number of design principles for the postmodern world, which I wanted to share here. These are simply thought starters. I would love your feedback and ideas.
- Don’t be afraid of human experiences.
- Allow for sensational data input—especially emotional data.
- Integrate sensational data with quantitative data for deeper context and connections.
- Assume a social world.
- Design for chronous and/or kairos, as appropriate.
- Looks for deconstructed ways to sync.
- Think about a world beyond classification.
- Enable unique realizations and learning (both user and system) through pattern recognition.
- Look for data everywhere—from people and from things.
Oh and if you'd like to see my deck, you can find it here.